Monday, November 14, 2011

Tuna Belly Adobo

I love Adobo and this dish is one of my favorites. This is very easy to prepare and good for busy individuals who are always on the go. One can prepare this for just 10 minutes depending on how quick and efficient you move in the kitchen. When I cook I usually start setting the pan in medium fire without preparing the ingredients yet. When I wait for the pan and the oil to heat up that's the time I cut each ingredient one by one whichever comes first so I could save time. That is why when I cook I don't want to be disturbed and spoil the efficiency because I don't stop moving until the dish is done. I enjoy cooking that way.

My dish for today is called Tuna Belly Adobo. The ingredients are the following:
!/2 kg tuna belly
1 small onion
3 parts of garlic
1 red bell pepper
cooking oil
1 1/2 tablespoons of soy sauce
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 teaspoon brown sugar
a dash of ground pepper
1 teaspoon sesame seeds

Heat the pan and put cooking oil as desired. Then when oil is already hot, add the crushed garlic and sliced onion and saute. Then put the fish and let it fry with the garlic and the onion to absorb the flavor. When the tuna belly starts to brown on the edges add the soy sauce. Do not over fry the fish so as not to dry the meat. Then add the vinegar, sugar, and the sliced red bell  pepper. Cover for a minute to let the taste of the soy sauce to sip into the tuna belly. After a minute or two remove the cover and add the sesame seeds and ground pepper. You can add seasoning if you like. Turn off the heat and serve while hot. This dish is delicious when eaten with rice.

3 comments:

  1. I like tuna dishes. I never tried to cook tuna in adobo style.. yummy :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Maui ... for Fresh tuna belly and other special tuna cuts pls like our page :) we have fresh tuna from Davao and Gensan :)

      https://www.facebook.com/Supra-Monte-Davaos-Best-1457069540972672/?ref=aymt_homepage_panel

      Delete
  2. try it Mau and you'll find yourself cooking the dish over and over... you can also use gg or tilapia in lieu of the tuna..

    ReplyDelete